Current Unpublished Policies
PVE has the following "unpublished" policies regarding city owned land and trails:
• NO RECREATIONAL IMPROVEMENTS - there are no playgrounds, picnic areas, trail heads, dog parks, restrooms, a band shelter ..
• LIMITED ENFORCEMENT - there are Volunteer Park Rangers, but no longer a code enforcement officer that is dedicated to removing encroachments and enforcing the city ordinances upon Parkland.
• NO TRAIL SYSTEM MAPS - made by the City for residents, non-residents and limited city maps and information for maintenance.
(However, maps are available to residents of Palos Verdes Esates.)
• NO SIGNS -to indicate either the name of a trail, Path or Parkland parcel. Limited signs state only a few rules and codes.
The PVE City Council Approves a Parklands Use Policy on 4/8/14.
Despite various concerns, and even though the Policy was implemented on October, 2014, to allow the staff to develop fees that the Parklands Committee will require, the Council unanimously approved this Policy. Please see the Summary / Overview and Critique of the Parklands Use Policy.
Official PVE Resolutions
Resolutions concerning city owned land and trails include the following:
• Removal of Unauthorized Encroachments in the City's Parklands.
• Private Landscaping of Parklands.
• Tree Management Policy on right-of-way.
• Curfew Closing Certain Trails at Night